Look who stopped by Prestige Ford to pick up an awesome RAD-Rides custom truck. Horacio from La Grande 107.5 will be cruisin’ around town in the souped up Super Duty.
What would you do to customize your car, truck or SUV? This kickin’ F-250 features custom wheels, tires, a lift kit, special decal lighting and more! And of course, Horacio wanted his tricked out truck to be in red. We think it looks sweet.
This Sunday, Horacio will be out at La Grande’s Fiestas Patrias at Panther Island Pavilion in Fort Worth. And this week, watch Horacio’s social post. We heard he just might be doing surprise ticket drops.
Stay tuned to Prestige Ford’s social media pages and blog for up to date info on happenings around Dallas, including updates from our friend Horacio at La Grande 107.5. For your own RAD vehicle like the one Horacio is riding around in, visit RAD Rides or Prestige Ford in Garland!
At Randall Reed’s Prestige Ford in Garland we know consumers are always looking to make the most of every drop of fuel. While there are plenty of things you can do to help your car be more fuel efficient such as proper tire inflation, accelerating more gradually and removing excess cargo that may be stored on or in your vehicle. There are many myths according to MSN Autos. Take a look at the top 10 called out in their recent article.
- Keeping your tank nearly full prevents evaporation- This myth is based on the assumption that cars release gas vapors resulting in inefficiencies. However, modern fuel systems are designed to prevent this from occurring.
- Shifting to neutral at stops saves fuel- Modern fuel-injection systems sense when unnecessary gas is being injected, so having your car in neutral is unnecessary to save gas.
- Manuals get better MPG- Modern vehicles with automatic transmissions are designed to shift gears at the optimal moment, often providing marginally better gas mileage than a majority of manual drivers.
- Dirty filters = lower mileage- This could remain true for older vehicles that still use a carburetor. However, computerized engine control modules deliver optimal air-to-fuel ratio. It’s still proper vehicle maintenance to keep your air filter clean, though.
- Cooler temp fill ups mean more gas- Fuel is stored in large, insulated containers underground that regulate fluctuations in temperature. So even if it’s cooler outside, the gasoline maintains roughly the same density as if it were warmer.
- Setting cruise to controlling fuel- This particular tip is still up in the air. Many believe that maintaing this constant speed is good for gas mileage, which is quite plausible. However, cruise control on roads of varying elevations can actually have a negative impact on your gas mileage!
- Fuel additives add up to savings- There’s strong evidence that suggests that the savings you obtain from better gas mileage do not offset the costs of products that allegedly increase your gas mileage.
- Age-old question of mileage over the years- Proper preparation prevent poor performance. If you proactively maintain your vehicle over the years, you shouldn’t notice any change in the gas mileage you’re getting.
- Topping off puts MPG over the top- Topping off your vehicle after rthe pump stops could actually damage your vehicle’s emissions system, so this “tip” should definitely be avoided. It can also causes damages or a huge mess to the gas pump, too.
- Tailgate won’t negate aerodynamics- While it may seem counter-intuitive, having your tailgate up provides better gas mileage than having it down. As air flows over and around the truck, it drifts over the cab and provides a pushing force on the back of the truck.
To shop for fuel-efficient vehicles, hybrid or electric cars, trucks or SUVs, shop Prestige Ford in Garland (also serving Rockwall, Mesquite, Richardson, Plano, and greater Dallas area). Browse online anytime at www.PrestigeGarland.com.
Randall Reed’s Prestige Ford in Garland (also serving Rockwall, Mesquite, Plano, Richardson, and greater Dallas) was a proud sponsor of the 30th Annual Partnership Golf Tournament. This year the tournament hosted 300 business and community leaders for a day of golfing and fellowship on the Lakes, Bridges, and Old courses at Firewheel Golf Park in Garland, Texas!
Prestige Ford sponsored several hold-in-one contests with the opportunity to win a new vehicle. Reed Auto Designs aka RAD-Rides, a custom and performance vehicle provider, also had a RAD-Rides custom truck in the contest. Team Prestige had this opportunity on three holes, on the three courses. While no one hit a hole in one, each golfer got a free golf ball from Prestige to hit their best shot. While it was rainy and cold, it was a great opportunity to network for all parties!
Our team of golfers were drenched and shivering! (Mike Schrif, David Bostrom, Ron Needham, and Larry McCoy). It was cold and wet, and about half way through they Chamber called the tournament off! Despite the poor weather, our team had a great time and Prestige Ford was proud to be a part of such a wonderful event.
Stay tuned to the Prestige Ford blog and social media pages for updates on the latest community events around the area! Prestige Ford strongly believes in community participation, so be on the look out for upcoming events!
For many years, Randall Reed’s Prestige Ford in Garland has been proud to sponsor the NAACP – Garland Branch annual fundraiser event.
This year, Prestige Ford provided a gift certificate for a full set of tires for the organizations 24th Annual Freedom Fund Brunch and Silent Auction. Both individual tickets and brunch tables are available. This years keynote speaker is Dr. Leslie Smith, the Sr. Pastor at North Dallas Community Bible Fellowship.
The event is held Saturday, Sept. 13th at the Curtis Culwell Center on 4999 Naaman Forest Blvd. in Garland, Texas. The silent auction begins at 9 a.m. Brunch will begin at 10 a.m.
To learn more about the NAACP – Garland branch, visit: www.garlandtxnaacp.org. To learn more about Prestige Ford, visit: www.prestigegarland.com.
Randall Reed’s Prestige Ford in Garland (also serving Rockwall, Mesquite, Plano, Richardson, and greater Dallas) is a proud sponsor of the 30th Annual Partnership Golf Tournament. This year the tournament will host 300 business and community leaders for a day of golfing and fellowship on the Lakes, Bridges, and Old courses at Firewheel Golf Park in Garland, Texas!
Prestige Ford is sponsoring several hold-in-one contests with the opportunity to win a new vehicle. Reed Auto Designs aka RAD-Rides, a custom and performance vehicle provider, will also have a RAD-Rides custom truck in the contest.
- Katie Koberg, Prestige Ford Community Relations, will be on the Old Course at Hole 17 with a Ford Fusion S
- Michelle Barabash, marketing, will be on the Lakes Course at Hole 11 with a Ford Escape SE
- Alex Wallace from RAD-Rides will be on the Bridges Course at Hole 7 with a custom RAD-Rides Ford F-150 XLT
Join us Friday, September 12 Firewheel Golf Park located at 600 W. Campbell Road, Garland, TX 75040
You can learn more about the tournament here. To learn more about Prestige Ford, visit us at 3601 S. Shiloh Road off 635 and Garland Road or shop online anytime at www.PrestigeGarland.com!
Get ready to save BIG on these incredible Ford vehicles during the Fall Closeout Sale at Prestige Ford! Randall Reed’s Prestige Ford in Garland (serving Dallas – Fort Worth, Rockwall, Mesquite, Richardson, Plano and Grapevine areas) is celebrating with super savings on Ford Fiestas, Edge, and F-150 trucks. How about getting a great deal on a new Ford Focus, Fusion, Taurus, or Mustang? Make sure you check out Prestige Ford’s service coupons to make the most of your maintenance dollars on your next vehicle service. Check out a few of our specials!
With Fall just around the corner, now is the time to take advantage of cool savings at Prestige Ford in Garland. You can stop by the dealership off 635 and Shiloh Rd. for a test drive or an upclose look at your favorite Ford vehicles. You can also view our extensive inventory online by visiting www.PrestigeGarland.com! See you soon.
For many years, Randall Reed’s Prestige Ford in Garland has been proud to sponsor the Mad Dog Moore Fishing Tournament. The tournament is in memory of Police Officer Michael David “Mad Dog” Moore who was killed in the line of duty on Feb. 15, 1997. Officer Moore was apprehending a bank robbery suspect on W. Centerville when he lost his life.
Office Moore was an avid outdoorsman and he especially enjoyed fishing, so the Garland Police Association felt creating an annual bass tournament was fitting for their fallen brother’s memory, This year tournament, which benefits Shriner Hospitals for Children, was one of the event’s our largest tournaments.
Not only was there great fishing for a great cause, the was live entertainment featuring the Texas Cotton Kings. There were great prizes raffled off for Great Wolf Lodge, a small boat TVs, watches, a Lo-Jack vehicle recovery system, an innovative truck bed tool system from “Decked”, and more. “This is a wonderful event that we are proud to be part of,” said Justin Wright, GM/OP of Prestige Ford. “We pay tribute to one of our city’s heroes and are happy to help carry on his legacy though the annual charitable tournament.”
Prestige Ford in Garland (also serving Rockwall, Mesquite, Richardson, Plano and greater Dallas) enjoys being a part of incredible community events like this one, especially when they honor the brave men and women who took the vow to serve and protect our community. To learn more about this tournament, you can visit www.MadDogMoore.com!
At Randall Reed’s Prestige Ford in Garland, we love the Ford F-150, so it comes as no surprise that we are super excited about the all-new 2015 model with an aluminum body, among other changes.
If you’re wondering how well it will hold up, you can rest assured. Using this new material is a game changer, in a great way. Ford has been putting this vehicle to the test with torturous conditions in labs and real life.
In fact, Ford even sought out people in real life to help torture the Ford F-150. Thousands applied and Ford narrowed it down to four people. Meet the first tester, Brian Schober. He works as a test engineer for military vehicles. Watch how the all-new F-150 performs on his desert course.
Talk about tough. With lighter aluminum body and sturdy steel framing, the 2015 F-150 delivers efficiency and toughness in one elegant package. Stay tuned to Prestige Ford in Garland for more info on the 2015 F-150, or visit us online at www.PrestigeGarland.com for a look at our current inventory!
The crew at Randall Reed’s Prestige Ford in Garland is thrilled that the first 2015 Ford Mustangs are now rolling out of the Flat Rock plant. As we prepare for the new, we look back to the past and reflect on 50 years of pure pony power with the owner of the very first Mustang sold.
On April 15, 1964, Gail Brown, a teacher fresh out of college was looking for her first new car. Little did she realize that by the end of that day, she would become the first retail customer to buy a new Ford Mustang. She had one before it was even unveiled at the World Fair.
It was a salesman who changed her fate. She wanted a convertible. The salesperson said he didn’t have any but told her to come to another room. When he removed the cover from the vehicle, there it was. A baby blue convertible. She was sold. And you won’t believe what she paid for it.
Just take a look at her story…
As you can see, 50 years later, Gail Wise and her husband Tom still own that baby blue Mustang convertible. Ready to own your own dream ride? Come take a test drive at Prestige Ford in Garland (also serving Rockwall, Mesquite, Richardson, Plano and greater Dallas/Ft. Worth area) . Shop online anytime at www.PrestigeGarland.com!
Randall Reed’s Prestige Ford in Garland loves working with our amazing community. One of our favorite events is participating in the local parades like the Garland Labor Day Parade. Recently, we were able to help out three local groups with Prestige Ford F-150 trucks so local organizations, like Bison Football and cheer squad and the Owlet cheerleaders, could participate in the parade festivities.
The kids had great fun being in the parade. Tons of people turned out to watch all the cool floats and cool cars roll through historic downtown Garland. Prestige Ford has participated in the Labor Day parade every year for decades and always has great fun.
Thanks to all those who came out and everyone who participated. You all are what makes our Garland, Texas community truly special. We truly enjoy being involved in the community, especially with all the great kids at the local schools.
Stay up to date with the latest in community events from Prestige Ford in Garland by visiting our website at www.PrestigeGarland.com! We also have an extensive inventory of trucks, like the F-150s featured in the parade, as well as other cars like the Mustang or Focus. Stop by and see us!